Chanakya was an ancient Indian teacher, philosopher, economist, jurist, and royal advisor. He is traditionally identified as Kauṭilya or Vishnugupta, who authored the ancient Indian political treatise, the Arthashastra.
Chanakya assisted the first Mauryan emperor Chandragupta in his rise to power. He is widely credited for having played an important role in the establishment of the Maurya Empire.
He has made many things possible in his time, he has done some amazing works. Because of his works, he is considered one of the smartest minds in Indian History.
Because of his brain, his student Chandra Gupta was able to defeat Nanda Dynasty and become King. It is said that he was the mastermind, due to which Alexandra was defeated in India.
When the author was not getting success in business, at that time his mentor suggested him to learn from Indian History Scholar Chanakya. He faced difficulties in understanding the sutras but was successful in learning everything. After, he got success in his business at once. Everyone started asking the secret of his success so he wrote this book Corporate Chanakya in simple words for the easy understanding of business tricks and tips.
The book has three parts. First is leadership, second Management, and third Training.
Leadership equals power
So to become powerful which is a good leader one has to focus on the below points:
1) Intellectual Power: Only those people can become successful who have more knowledge.
2) Man Power: The more powerful connections you will have, the more powerful you will able to become.
3) Financial Power: Money gives the power to convert things into reality.
4) Enthusiasm and Morale: According to Chanakya if the person focuses on this factor then he/she will be able to achieve other factors as well.
One must make his/her own laws as a leader for successful business management by considering three things:
1) Why are you making a particular law and what is the benefit of it? This is the first thing to be considered.
2) The same law should be beneficial to all.
3) Leader should make law by considering all i.e employees, everyone who is the part of the business.
For example: if a hungry man stole food to survive then rules for such a person should be less strict compared to others.
The leader should have Control over these below things:
1) Treasury which is the business finances.
2) Members of the office starting from CEO to Janitor.
3) Leaders should allow trustworthy people to handle business.
Chanakya says success can be three ways or can be in three folds.
1) By Counsel: Every individual needs advice, the better advisor one will get, the success chance gets double.
2) By Might: A person who is in a powerful position can take more decisions without thinking much or without any worries which are important for success. Hence you should always be in a powerful position.
3) By Energy: One gets success by working in energy, enthusiasm, and passion.
Handling the situation
The most powerful quality a leader or a businessman can have is the power, to handle any situation in a calm, witty, and agreeable manner.
He is able to handle people’s situations, knowledge situations, and material situations.